Forum

twinkie
twinkie
Offline
I was just wondering why it's such a hassel to get bikes at the local rides.  Only certain riders come out and I'm considered an outsider and I've noticed that.  Is it just me or can other riders see the same?
Responses (14)

TANK
    TANK
    Offline
    Friday, November 20 2009, 05:03 AM - #Permalink
    Everyone wants to be a president and/or belong to a motorcycle club.  No one wants to ride there motorcycle.....Its like pulling teeth...I blame these club presidents for not making it a requirement to ride.........

Saturday, November 21 2009, 12:19 AM - #Permalink
    amen.. to much posing and parking lot pimpin......... we ride 350 miles plus every weekend and over 700 if we ride both days.. i got plenty of maps and routes in the area if anyone needs them

Saturday, November 21 2009, 04:56 AM - #Permalink
    Leanangle send me the maps.. email them to daneltx@yahoo.com.

Saturday, November 21 2009, 01:36 PM - #Permalink
    i got ya d........

Saturday, November 21 2009, 01:38 PM - #Permalink
    did u get em.  danel

Saturday, November 21 2009, 04:03 PM - #Permalink
    highways are boring hit the backroads

Johnny
    Johnny
    Offline
    Tuesday, November 24 2009, 12:05 AM - #Permalink
    People are just dont want to be on there bike that long. "Riding to long make my back and butt hurt" Man up or get better seats. "Thats to far... I dont want to ride in the dark" You have headlights use them. Most people are newbies or weekend warriors, or just buy a bike fix it up just to ride to a parking lot to talk about their bike and all of the mods then three point turn around to go back to their garage.

Tuesday, November 24 2009, 04:54 AM - #Permalink
    u hit the nail on the head... they put them big ass rear tires and now they cant ride or turn.. so they trailer somewhere and ride around the parkin lot or jus look at em

twinkie
    twinkie
    Offline
    Thursday, November 26 2009, 02:27 PM - #Permalink
    Someone told me that a person with a cruiser will more than likely ride a long distance because it's more comfortable.  On the other end, a sportsbike is uncomfortable...that's why they won't ride the distance.  That bike isn't made to ride long distances.  And that's why you see majority cruiser owners....but I'm just an outsider looking into the biker's crazy world!

Tuesday, December 08 2009, 07:41 PM - #Permalink
    to each their own... some buy there bikes jus to ride around town, here and there, some jus want to look cool, some love hitting the backroads and some love hitting the highway.. its all good whatever floats your boat... me, i ride a sportbike and love to put at a minimum... 350 miles a weekend on it... most of the time its around the 700 mark... and if im going to hit a long trip i jump on the sporttouring bike (BUSA)... and do 500-600 i one day.. i just sold a 07 harley night train, because to me the busa is more comfortable and a WHOLE lot more stable with alot less vibration

jon p
    jon p
    Offline
    Tuesday, January 05 2010, 01:10 AM - #Permalink
    well said leanangle... I put 135000 miles between the r6 636 and zx12 in 08 when I moved back to Florida. I ran offices in both Tampa BAy and Houston and if I was going to be in a town more than a week I rode it instead of flying.... Well ok maybe I was flying lol but like you believe to much posing and not enough miles are put on motorcycles no matter where you are. SAme thing with club riding one of the biggest turnoffs was that the only rides were in formation here or there but not enough "joyrides". I missed the joys of twisten through the backroads and raising a little hell here and there not just two by two like moses' animals....... Ride hard ride often just get on two and ride......

Thursday, January 14 2010, 02:26 AM - #Permalink
    Hello leanangle I am a member of Universal Bikers and we ride long distance and we take the back roads and you are correct that is the best riding. If you don't mind can you send me the routes you have. Thanks
    [hr]
    [leanangle 11-20-2009 11:19:22]:

Monday, April 26 2010, 07:50 PM - #Permalink
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Offline
    Friday, June 04 2010, 04:12 PM - #Permalink
    Leanangle I feel you so can I get some of the maps you have email msreddevil1@aol.com @ Tank the first time I cross state line along it was on I just want to hit the hwy all the time now we talk about wind in your hair hwy is the only way that loop riding is for the around da corner rider's lol no disrespect but it is what it is you burn more gas in town and my lil bike just a 800 but when I'm on that hwy I feel like I'm on a hog yes sir I do cause it's my hog. let's get on the road ladies back roads, hwys lets do some riding
Your Reply